Semi-Traction & Traction batteries
The main technical characteristics
- Thicker plates
- Grid plates with radial geometry
- Active material with specific composition to resist the cyclical discharges
- Grids of Pb / Sb / Sn / As / Se alloy which improves corrosion resistance and improves the contact between the active material allows
Micro-porous rubber separators with glass fiber mats to prevent the loss of active materials.
Performance in cycles according to DIN
The batteries meet the following specifications concerning the charge/discharge cycles:
- 300 cycles according to DIN 43 539 Part 3
- 600 cycles according to DIN 40 757
Besides, the battery types with positive tubes plates “TP” meet also following specifications:
- 1250 cycles according to DIN 40 767
The battery life measured in discharge / charge cycles, depends not only on accurate and precise service, but also on other parameters, such as the depth of discharge, intermediate charges, the charging method and charge factor, the working temperature and the intensity of possible vibrations.
The chemical reaction at the charge / discharge process of the battery is presented through the following formula: