2 volt traction cells
2 volt traction cells are mainly used in heavy industrial electrical applications, such as: electric forklifts, electric trucks, large industrial cleaning machines, tower wagons, marine etc.
The cells are composed of positive tubular plates and negative grid plates, which guarantee a higher capacity and longer life than the conventional batteries with flat plates.
The positive and negative plates are separated by a micro-porous separator in order to avoid mutual contact and short circuits.
The plates are packed in a polypropylene container that is resistant to vibrations. At the bottom of this container, there is a rest room to collect the precipitate and thus to prevent short circuits. On top of the cells, there is a lid to prevent the coming-up of the separators by vibrations and shocks and causing a short circuit. The lid also protects against acid and protects the plates and the separators during filling.
The cells are standard equipped with manual filler caps and a little basket which simplifies the refilling (refill up to the bottom of the basket).
The cells are available in following types
DIN-series: DIN sizes, positive tubular plate diameter 8.7 mm (more active material!), specific gravity of the electrolyte 1.29kg/l
BS-series: British Standard sizes, positive tubular plate diameter 8.7 mm, specific gravity of the electrolyte 1.29klg/l.
GEL-series: GEL 2V elements with positive tubular plate
|"S-version": the cells are linked by flexible screwed connections.||
"A-version": automatic mobile filling system on the basis of filler caps and floats.
Advantage: alle cells are simultanously refilled in an instant and without spilling up to the right level: time-saving!
|"Z-version": Acid circulation version, cells with acid circulation. Every element contains a little tube in which the charger pumps a little quantity of air which makes the electrolyte circulate from the beginning of the charge (cf diagram)|
- thanks to the constant charge over the total surface of the plates, the charging time is considerably reduced by ± 2 hours
- lower charge factor: from 1,20 up to 1,05
- 15 % more energy saving
- lower battery temperature
75 % less water consumption
Acid circulation in combination with high frequency charger results in a battery with maximum usability and a minimum of maintenance!
A couple of tips for a longer battery life
- only refilling with demineralised water
- refilling after charge
- refilling up to the bottom side of the baskets: not higher!
- Keep the upper side of the battery dry and clean
- use an adequate charger for battery & capacity
- avoid intermediate charges
How to order a traction battery?
- type of the battery & reference of the elements
- voltage & AH of the battery
- size of the outerbox or of the elements: X x Y x H
- How much time does one work with the battery: one shift,...
- options: autom. filling system, acid circulation
- type of the battery plug
Or contact our sales!
- Is my charger adapted to my battery?
- How much time do I have to charge?
12 hours = Wa-charger
8 hours = WoWa-charger
< 8 hours = IUIa-charger